In a world where Customers are required to push their assets to, and possibly past, their design limits in order to test and confirm their ability to protect against overspeed – CRMC provides relief. We have heard from numerous Operators and Maintainers how they hold their breath during these tests. We understand. Rotating machinery was not intended to operate past specific speeds. It is counter-intuitive to purposely push them to the edge, in order to confirm the existing (old!) hardware still functions correctly.
Our Turbine Overspeed Protection Systems can supplement your existing trip system or can provide a complete protection system replacement. Our solutions utilize modern electronic overspeed detection and custom designed and specified hardware. Our solutions allow for the removal or disabling of the existing mechanical overspeed trip system (bolt) and, for applications with a mechanical load (like a pump), to remain coupled during testing, saving valuable outage time.
Constant monitoring of the asset’s speed is provided by a dedicated system, specifically designed for this purpose. Protection of the asset is provided by a CRMC custom Trip Block System which, when called on, initiates a trip via the hydraulic trip circuit. The complete system is 100% On-Line Testable and 100% Repairable. During on-line testing and on-line maintenance, the turbine trip system remains fully active, allowing the operator or control system to initiate a turbine trip if required.
For the industries where it is relevant, the CRMC solution is API-670 compliant.
- Improved Safety
- Eliminate need to “overspeed” turbine while still completing functional overspeed test – reduce insurance costs
- Protect personnel and equipment from severe damage / injury or worse
- Minimize / reduce human error that may be introduced during overspeed testing
- Implement regularly scheduled, consistent testing versus delayed or omitted testing
- SIL rated systems
- Improved Reliability
- On-line testing supported by fault-tolerant design
- On-line repair of trip system components
- Replacement / removal of older and degraded components reducing potential critical component failure
- Replacement of antiquated, hard to source parts with readily available, industry standard components
- Improved Diagnostics, Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Cyber Secure Communication link(s) to the plant DCS for display and operation in the control room
- Critical parameters are monitored, trended and logged, utilized for first out trip indication
- Testing through dedicated dynamic HMI / DCS displays
- Maintenance made simple through design, instrumentation, and automated process
- Unsurpassed capability to keep your operation running while testing and repairing
Contact Us About Your Project
Contact us to speak with one of our knowledgeable, highly skilled team members about the specifications of your project and how we can partner to meet your engineering needs.