The Data Center industry is one of the fastest-growing industries today. Increasing requirements for data warehousing/computing, the explosive growth in the social networking environment and the growing popularity of “Cloud” applications are stressing the industry’s ability to build new facilities quickly enough to meet this demand. Data Centers require reliability exceeding six 9’s, enhanced data collection to better control the performance of the facility and reduced energy use generating improved profitability. This has forced the industry to take a fresh look at current Data Center designs. Furthermore, “Time to Market” will continue to be critical as owners look for a faster ROI. These business drivers have fostered creative designs and unique solutions addressing these requirements.
Wunderlich-Malec is a leader in data center control and electrical system automation. Our experience has been focused primarily on helping implement superior facility systems (Building Management Systems). The bases for our designs come from 20+ years of experience with similar applications in complementary industries. Our systems approach is focused on these underlying principles:
- Designs meeting 99.9999%+ reliability
- “Off-The-Shelf” (OTS) industrial components and software
- Unitary control
- N+1 mechanical reliability
- Leveraging leading-edge technology
- Increasing operational data collection / analysis
- Traditional and creative cooling solutions
Our design principles have created extremely reliable systems allowing any piece of electrical, mechanical or control component to fail without impact to the facility. Using open industrial OTS controls allows development of control strategies solutions improving system performance. Unitary control aids in delivering an operational facility as quickly as possible by allowing equipment to be commissioned as it becomes available. The increased environmental and operational data monitoring allows owners to better understand the environment inside the data center to help optimize energy usage. Improved integration with the mechanical and electrical equipment allows for enhanced power monitoring, diagnostics, and equipment performance.
- Electrical and Control System Engineering
- Building Management Systems
- Facility Security and Access Control Systems
- Turnkey Automation and System Integration
- Process and Mechanical Engineering
- Process Control and Instrumentation Systems
- Software Engineering and Configuration
- Utility Controls RTU and SCADA
- Utility Metering Communication Systems
- MES and LIMS Implementation
- Installation and Site Supervision
- Site Commissioning and Start Up
- Calibration and Site Support Services
- Customer Training
Contact Us About Your Project
Contact us to speak with one of our knowledgeable, highly skilled team members about the specifications of your project and how we can partner to meet your engineering needs.
Our Sustainability Pledge
Wunderlich-Malec is committed to plan, design, engineer and deliver projects that help our customers achieve their sustainability goals. Our corporate strategy of developing tools, products and processes with the commitment of our employees provides our customers innovative solutions to competitively achieve their Net Zero and Circular Economy goals.