WM Packaging Solutions
Today’s marketplace requires owners to develop state-of-the-art facilities and innovative technologies that maximize quality and minimize production costs with reliable systems designed to maximize equipment operations and energy savings, while providing the flexibility and scalability to grow their operations.
WM Packaging Solutions provides solutions that meet the demands of productivity, process control, and manufacturing flexibility. Our proven engineering team focuses on delivering highly reliable, cost effective and efficient facilities. This approach allows for fast track project delivery, without sacrificing both the competitive advantage necessary and ROI the marketplace demands.
With over 125 years of combined experience, WME Packaging Solutions has experience in all areas of food and beverage, life sciences, household and personal care, industrial, chemicals, and pet care. We provide a full array of solutions for processing, filling, labeling, inspecting, packing and material handling.
Our knowledge of the packaging equipment available to producers, allows us to bring immediate value to the planning stage of a new or upgraded production line. We are an equipment agnostic integrator in that we recommend the best solution and equipment for the unique needs of our clients. We do not represent any equipment vendor. Equipment consultation and analysis from an independent 3rd party such as WME Packaging Solutions, can ensure the budget and throughput goals of the project are realized throughout the lifecycle of the line.
Master Planning and Packaging Line Support
- Recommendations to improve material handling and utilze automation to meet productivity and quality standards, while reducing risk of workplace injuries
- Master planning and design assistance for new or existing facilities
- Evaluation and Implementation of ergonomic systems
- Assist new line start-ups with ongoing feedback, identifying areas of opportunity to improve line efficiency and operations
- Equipment FAT’s to ensure new equipment meets client requirements
- Recommend solutions for packaging line inefficiencies to improve operations, expand packaging capabilities and reduce operator interventions
- EPC project delivery
- Integration Services
- Master Planning
- Conceptual Layout Development
- Line Efficiency and Operations Analysis
- Mechanical Process Design
- Mechanical Equipment Arrangements
- Facility Planning – Mass Balance
- Architectural Services
- Industrial Water Treatment
- Line Controls and Upgrades
Typical EPC Project Responsibilities
- Scope Development
- Budget Development
- Schedule Development
- Equipment/Services Procurement
- Architectural/Electrical/Mechanical/Plumbing Packages
- Construction Management
- Installation/Commissioning/Start-up Support
- Operator Training Coordination
- Equipment Documentation
- Full Design of Line Layout and Equipment Arrangements
- Electrical Distribution
- Process Piping
- Empty/Full Can Conveyor Systems
- Ionized Air Rinsing Systems
- Can/Case Coders
- Full Can Inspection Units
- Multi-packers / Tray Packers
- Accumulation Tables
- Full Carton / Full Case Conveyors
- Full Case Weight Checkers
- Palletizers / Wrappers
- Full Pallet Conveyors
WM Packaging Solutions guarantees the efficiency of our packaging lines. Until the line is running at the agreed upon efficiency levels by machine center, we stay onsite until they do.
Packaging Solutions Project Success Factors
WM believes in a true partnership for project success. Project success is based on the proper management of the following project principles and continual feedback from the project stakeholders.
- Project Scope – Truly understand and communicate to all stakeholders the total project scope by understanding and agreement of all project requirements and performance criteria.
- Project Budget – Work with Owner to develop the project budget and achieve buy in from all key stakeholders. Work with our clients to manage the project within the agreed upon budget with consistent cost reduction efforts to deliver a solution under cost yet within the parameters of scope and schedule.
- Project Schedule – Work with Owner and all OEM vendors and sub-contractors to develop a workable schedule that allows for project quality and safety within the time frame required by Owner. Manage all vendors to the agreed upon schedule.
- Project Safety – Be the true owners of the project safety charter and ensure the project is completed in a safe manner following all local, state, federal and customer safety standards with zero incidents.
- Project Communications – Develop a project communications plan with input from all stakeholders on what information needs to be communicated and the frequency of those communications and manage to that communications plan. Develop communication plan register that details what information each stakeholder needs and how often.
By managing the above project principles, the Owner and WME will achieve project success. Wunderlich-Malec’s experienced engineers deliver practical solutions to your EPC project. Our EPC services group gives you a single point of contact and an owner for all project goals with the implied accountability.