Power Generation & Distribution
Wunderlich-Malec provides systems design, equipment procurement, custom fabrication and systems implementation for the generation, transmission and distribution of electrical power.
From large-scale power generation and high-voltage utility substations to medium voltage campus distribution, we have completed successful projects throughout the U.S. and abroad. Our experience is unparalleled in facility management, process control and systems integration for power plants, nuclear laboratories and fuel processing facilities.
We have in-house capabilities for the fabrication of Engineered Modular Utility Power Control Systems and Enclosures, and Control Houses for Power Generation Systems. We support all phases of a project from concept to completion, including conceptual design, feasibility studies, financial analysis, emissions studies, cost control and implementation, as well as construction and project management.
Our stringent and quality procedures and services meet the most demanding requirements of the Power industry for:
- Utility interconnection studies
- Electrical modeling, coordination studies, arc flash
- Generator paralleling and synchronization
- Electrical transmission & electrical distribution
- Relaying – protection & controls
- IED (relays, controllers, RTU)
- Communications – type (DSU/CSU or MPLS) T1
- Routers, networking, security
- Plant operations: BAS, process, life safety, operation
- RTU, DCS, HMI, SCADA, IED, database programming
- Balance of plant upgrade studies and equipment replacements
- PLC upgrades and PLC-to-DCS migrations
- Boiler fuel and control conversions
- MCC and switchgear replacements including: Large and small scale VFD studies and detailed engineering
- Audit capabilities to provide NERC compliance
- Perform FAC-008s, installation of PRC-002s, and PRC-025 studies
- Define MOD support using Siemens PTI’s PSS®e and GE PSLF format or modeling support
Contact Us About Your Project
Contact us to speak with one of our knowledgeable, highly skilled team members about the specifications of your project and how we can partner to meet your engineering needs.
Our Sustainability Pledge
Wunderlich-Malec is committed to plan, design, engineer and deliver projects that help our customers achieve their sustainability goals. Our corporate strategy of developing tools, products and processes with the commitment of our employees provides our customers innovative solutions to competitively achieve their Net Zero and Circular Economy goals.