An ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) is a tax-qualified employee benefits program, regulated by the US Department of Labor and the IRS, which gives us, the employee-owners, beneficial ownership in the company. Wunderlich-Malec is a 100% Employee-Owned ESOP. Here are some reasons why:
Employee ownership makes us resilient.
- During the last financial crisis, employee-owners were 5 times less likely to lose their job.
- During this crisis, employee-owned companies will once again show their resilience.
Putting our owners first.
- As an employee-owned company, nothing matters more to Wunderlich-Malec than employees’ health and safety.
- Companies exist to benefit their owners. Many businesses are reacting to the downturn with layoffs and furloughs, but as an employee-owned company, our priorities are different.
- Wunderlich-Malec is doing everything possible to keep jobs because that’s what’s best for our owners.
We will get through this together.
- As employee-owners, we’re all in this crisis together. We are one team doing what it takes to withstand this time.
- Employee-ownership is built for long-term wealth building. We are more apt to handle short-term crises since we have a long-term mindset.
We will get our community back up and running.
- COVID-19 is a threat to our health, our economy, and our community. As an employee-owned company, we have deep local roots. When things return to normal, we will lead the charge to help our community recover.