Semiconductor’s Water Sustainability & Control System Solution
Wunderlich-Malec will successfully meet a Semiconductor companies need, whether it’s a greenfield large scale control system, skilled application programmers to provide standardized multi-site system upgrades or experienced on-site system support and modernization. Wunderlich-Malec has the industry leading subject matter experts and in-depth experienced talent available for the Semiconductor Industries project success.
Background & Project Requirements
A leading semi-conductor company needed to reduce its water usage and increase its recycling to meet its 2025 global water goals. This required designing a semi-conductor waste treatment system that treated the waste and recycled the water. This first-of-kind system needed to be designed and installed at multiple sites. Critical to the multi-plant successful operation were the control systems that would conform to the stringent standardized corporation system design standards required at each plant.
The multi-site systems maximized the standard aspects of the water treatment system applications, but each installation had unique program and local plant customer requirements to successfully complete the projects.
Wunderlich-Malec used integrated office teams to design and implement the control systems for the uniquely customized water treatment skids. W-M engineers tailored each control system to integrate seamlessly with each plant’s existing control and information systems. The scope of work included:
- GE Cimplicity SCADA development
- Rockwell Studio Logix version 30
- Rockwell RS Logix version 20
- 3600 plus I/O points at each plant
- PLC to PLC redundant Ethernet (EnetIP)
- PLC to SCADA Ethernet (Telecom Network)
- Simulation testing with the customer to ensue programs meet design and Sequence of Operations (SOO) intent.
- Provide edits to the equipment suppliers SOO to ensure conformance to customer standards.
- Developed I/O checkout procedures and automated applications to increase the efficiency and accuracy of the Commissioning process.
- I/O checkout and support with field electrical installer.
- Commissioning and on-going local systems support.
Wunderlich-Malec with proven experience to implement control systems to the Semiconductors corporate requirements with this capability local to each plants project provided the following benefits:
Solution: Control systems that meet corporate standards at multiple sites
ROI: Decreases the cost of system implementation
Solution: Engineers experienced at implementing to corporate standards
ROI: Ensure quality of project, eliminates rework and reduces costs
Solution: Wunderlich-Malec’s Local engineers at multiple customer sites.
ROI: Provides customer assurance that service and support are readily available